SBRKA Tournament – June 27 2015, Phillpot Lake, Virginia
June 27, 2015
Location: Phillpot Lake – Salthouse Branch Ramp
Captains Meeting: 6:30am
Kayak launch: 7:30am
Check-in: 4:00pm – 4:30pm
Notes: $4.00 park entry fee
Participation and Eligibility
The tournaments are open to all anglers provided they meet the requirements and honor all rules and regulations stated.
Liability Release and License Requirements
1. All participants must sign a liability release before the start of each event.
2. All participants under the age of 18 must provide a liability release before the start of the event signed by a parent or guardian who is present.
3. All participants must have a valid Virginia fishing license, and follow all VA DGIF rules and regulations
$25.00 – $5.00 discount with proof of American Canoe Association membership. Exact cash preferred as it helps speed registration.
We will be covered under a liability insurance plan from the American Canoe Association. As a result each participant must also be a member of the ACA. There are three membership levels that can be purchased at the event.
Full yearly membership. All privileges awarded to ACA members ( www. americancanoe.org) This is $30 dollars for a year and would cover any tournaments the angler would fish that require ACA insurance.
Trial membership. This is a 6 month membership to ACA that can only be used one time. This is $15 dollars for the 6 months and would cover any tournaments the angler would fish in that 6 months.
Single event membership. This covers the angler for one event only. $5 will purchase this membership.
ALL ANGLERS MUST BE COVERED UNDER ONE OF THESE OPTIONS. NO EXCEPTIONS. The memberships can be purchased at Capt. Meeting and cash will be the ONLY accepted method of payment.
Only human powered watercraft will be allowed. Accommodations can be made for special needs anglers on a case to case basis, and are at the discretion of the tournament director.
1. All competitors must launch from shore on the designated body of water (no mother shipping).
2. All competitors will launch at a designated launch time.
1. PFD must be worn at all times while on the water. Violators will be immediately disqualified.
2. No alcohol, illegal substances, or non-prescribed drugs may be used at any time while participating at any event. This starts from Captain’s Meeting until the time awards are awarded. Any participant found to be under the influence within reasonable suspicion will be disqualified, moneys non-refunded, and receive a score of 0.
1. All participants must pay the entry fee prior to fishing.
2. All participants will have to complete a SIGNED wavier prior to fishing.
3. No fish will be kept. All fish must be immediately released unharmed after a picture is taken.
4. Any one fish can only be submitted once.
5. Captains meeting will be held on location right before the start of the tournament and is mandatory.
1. Rod and Reel and Fly Rods are the only acceptable devices.
2. Only artificial baits/lures/flies permitted.
3. No live, or dead bait may be used at any time.
1. The only approved measuring device is the Hawg Trough.
2. Your measuring device may be checked at any time.
3. Markings on Hog Trough must be easily visible. If markings cannot be clearly read the fish will not count. If need be please use a permanent marker to go over lines to make visible.
1. Largemouth Bass, Smallmouth Bass, and Redeye Bass.
2. Catch Photo and Release alive only.
3. Any combination of the three species mentioned above will be counted toward your total.
1. Photo must include the entire fish
2. Fish must face the left.
3. Mouth must be closed within reason.
4. Dorsal fin must be facing upward
5. Tail pinched (per VA DGIF guidelines for certifying trophy fish)
6. Fish visibly unharmed
7. Markings on the measuring device must visible and legible.
8. Photos must be taken from directly above the fish, not at an angle.
9. Assigned identifier must be visible.
Check In and Scoring
1. Each angler will be provided a unique identifier. This identifier must be fully visible and legible in the photo.
2. Your 3 LONGEST verified lengths will be your total score. Fish will be measured to the nearest ¼” and there will be no rounding up only down.
3. The angler with the highest total score will be declared the winner.
4. For picture/fish to count; full length of fish, Hawg Trough, and tournament identifier must be in picture
5. Use memory cards you plan on dedicating to the tournament. Keep free of pictures unrelated to tournament. This helps to quickly and easily determine pictures to be scored. Cell phone pictures will be allowed, however you must turn in your phone at the time of judging and will be unable to use it until all judging is complete.
6. Know which pictures you want to submit before turning in card and have card ready at turn in.
7. Please submit clear visible pictures. Any picture that is unreadable will be discarded.
8. Late Check – in all participants will be given a 15 minute buffer and after the 15 minute buffer there will be a 1” penalty per 5 minutes that will be deducted from the challenger’s total. At the 30 minute mark the angler will be disqualified (no exceptions).
1. Angler’s photos will be judged by the tournament director.
a. Photos that do not meet requirements will not be counted.
b. The tournament organizer and staff will be solely responsible and retain the right to declare any photos unacceptable.
d. After prizes are awarded the tournament is declared complete and all results are final.
Rules, Interpretation, and Protests
1. All rules are decided and interpreted by the Tournament Director.
2. The Tournament Directors decisions are final.
3. Any protests shall be immediately directed to the Tournament Director.
4. Once the award ceremony begins all results are official and final even in the event of an error.
In the event of a tie, the tie will be broken by the following format
1. Biggest Fish
2. 2nd Biggest Fish
3. Memory card that was turned in first
Each tournament will pay out the top two spots. The payouts are as follows:
1. First place will receive $10 of each entry fee
2. Second place will receive $5 of each entry fee
3. Club Lunker Pot – $2 of each entry. Winner is the one with largest fish caught AND has SBRKA decal on boat
4. Angler of the Year Pot – $3 of each entry
4. $5.00 each entry fee goes to insurance costs (non ACA members)
Angler of the Year
We will have an Angler of the Year for our tournaments. The Angler of the year will be the person who has the most accumulated points at the end of the year and will be awarded the AOY trophy as well as an AOY prize. Each tournament will have points awarded to each place for each angler. Point’s structure will be as follows:
1st – 100
2nd – 95
3rd – 90
4th – 85
5th – 80
7th – 75
8th – 70
9th – 65
10th – 60
11th – 55
12th – 50
13th – 45
14th – 40
15th – 35
16th – 30
17th – 25
18th – 20
19th – 15
20th – 10
1. Inclement Weather: The Tournament Director may delay, reschedule, or cancel a tournament.
2. If cancelled or rescheduled participants have the choice to be refunded, or have their fee applied to a future scheduled event.
3. There will be no refunds for no-shows regardless of reason.
Participants grant SWBKA and sponsors all rights to use their photos, name, voice, biographical information in any promotion, production, articles, or press releases without entitlement to royalties or compensation in connection with such use.