New River Outdoor Adventures Fall Brawl Bass Fishing Tournament
Saturday, October 3 at 5:00am – 5:00pm
New River Outdoor Adventures
5785 Fries Rd, Galax, Virginia 24333
Captains meeting at: New River Outdoor Adventures
Fishing: A 50 mile radius from the NROA shop
Participation is open to anyone that is 18 years of age or older that is invited.
1. $25 per person
2. Kayaks, Canoes, and Catarafts are eligible (no motors allowed)
3. No fish are to be kept on stringers
4. Any one fish can only be submitted once
5. If fishing from canoe you MUST net your own fish
6. Follow all state rules and regulations
7. Artificial lures only
8. All competitors must have a valid fishing license
9. A buy-in fee of $5.00 is (optional) for biggest Muskie
1. tournament winner for most inches
2. biggest bass
3. biggest Muskie (optional buy-in)
1 Identifier must be visible in the photograph
2. Any phone or camera device will work
3. The Hawg trough is the only standard measuring device (must provide your own)
4. The length in inches of 3 total fish-Smallmouth Bass (No minimum Length)
1. Each fish photo must include all of the following:
a. The whole fish tip to tail
b. Fish must be measured with mouth closed
c. Fish must be left side and belly down (any other orientation will be a 1″ penalty)
d. Assigned identifier must be visible
e. One overhead photo shot only (not at an angle)
f. Fish must be clear (head to tail cannot be obstructed in photo)
Each competitor will be provided a unique identifier for the event. Your 3 longest verified lengths will be totaled for you score. The competitor with the highest total score is the winner. Next highest score will place second, and so on. Payouts will be based on how many participants enter. Rounding down to the nearest 1/4 (quarter) inch.
1. Competitor photos will be reviewed and scored by Tournament Directors Timothy Dixon, Minda Dixon, Tony Bryant, and Wes Widrig.
2. Photos that do not meet the requirements as provided will not count.
3. Winners will be declared and prizes/awards will be announced by the directors.
Captains Meeting/Check In:
A captain’s meeting will take place at a central location at 5 am to 6 am on the morning of the tournament. That central location will be (New River Outdoor Adventures) During the captain’s meeting rules will be explained and identifier will be handed out. No more entries will be accepted after 6 am. Participants must designate which section they will be fishing at during the check in process. After the participant checks in he or she may head off to there desired fishing location.
We will meet back at the central location at 5 pm that evening. Competitors must be in line to weigh in at 5:15 pm. Anyone late to weigh in will take on a 1″ penalty per minute past 5 pm.
In the event of a TIE, the following criteria will decide the winner.
a. Biggest fish
b. 2nd biggest fish
c. 3rd biggest fish
d. and so on until there are no more fish to compare, then a coin toss
1. Inclement weather may delay or reschedule, or cancel the event. It will be determined by the Director the day before the tournament