2015 MAKBF Series Event #5 – Point of Rocks, MD
Entry Fee: $25; $5 Optional Big Bass Calcutta
Date: Saturday, August 1st, 7:00am – 2:30pm
Location: Point of Rocks, MD; Point of Rocks Ramp (Check In)
Prizes: 1st Place – Devils Backbone Brewing Co. Prize Package, Click here to find out more about payout.
Event: Tournament Series to promote competitive freshwater kayak bass fishing in the Mid-Atlantic region, to support Heroes on the Water chapters in our region and provide fishing opportunities for all levels of kayak anglers.
LIABILITY RELEASE/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS
1. ALL competitors must sign a liability release before the start of the event.
2. ALL competitors UNDER the age of 18 must provide a liability release signed by a parent or
guardian before the start of the event. Parent or guardian must be present.
3. ALL competitors MUST have a valid Fishing License or be exempt under
1. ALL competitors must launch from shore at designated launch spot.
2. ALL competitors will launch at designated launch time.
3. Launch at 7am.
4. Be in line for check in by 2:30pm.
1. Identifier must be visible in photograph
2. The Hawg Trough is only standard measuring devices (must provide your own)
3. Total length in inches of 3 total fish – Largemouth Bass or Smallmouth Bass (No Minimum Length)
1. EACH competitor will be provided a unique identifier for each event.
2. Your 3 (three) LONGEST verified lengths will be totaled for your score.
3. The competitor with the HIGHEST total score is the WINNER. Next highest score will place
second, and so on.
4. Rounding will be DOWN and to the nearest ¼ (quarter) inch.
1. Each fish photo MUST include ALL of the following criteria:
a. The whole fish, tip to tail
b. Laying with the mouth closed and tip of the lip at beginning of ruler
(Open Mouth more that 45 degrees = -1″ penalty)
c. Fish MUST be left side and belly down. (Any other orientation = -1″ penalty)
c. Measurement markings must be clearly visible
d. Assigned unique identifier must be visible (DQ fish if not in photo)
e. ONE OVERHEAD PHOTO SHOT FRAME (not at an angle)
f. Fish must be clear of any devices. Fins/tail/head cannot be obstructed in photo.
2. Camera or Camera Phone are eligible photo devices. (If tandem: each competitor must register and have their own camera)
1. NO competitors are to be within 10 yards of each other during fish-time; except in the case of emergency when assistance is required.
2. NO fish are to be kept on stringers.
3. Any ONE fish can only be submitted ONCE.
4. Fishing in OFF-LIMITS areas will result in disqualification.
5. Kayaks, Paddleboards, and Canoes are eligible fishing platforms.
6. Electric Trolling motors are allowed.
7. Follow all state rules and regulations.
8. Artificial Lures Only.
1. ALL competitor camera memory cards must be turned into Director and Staff.
2. ONLY the Tournament Director and MAKBF designated staff will be involved in the judging process.
3. Must be in line to weigh-in at the designated end time (2:30pm).
1. Competitor photos will be reviewed and scored by Tournament Director and MAKBF designated
a. Photos that do not meet the requirements as provided will not count.
b. The Tournament Director and MAKBF staff will be solely responsible and retain the right to
declare any photo as “unacceptable”.
2. Winners will be declared and prizes/awards will be announced by the Tournament Director.
3. The Tournament will then be declared complete.
1. In the event of a TIE, the following criteria will decide the winner:
a. Biggest Fish
b. 2nd Biggest Fish
c. 3rd Biggest Fish
d. And so on until there are no more fish to compare; then a coin toss.
2. The criteria will determine the rankings.
1. INCLEMENT WEATHER: The Tournament Director may delay, reschedule, or cancel the event.
a. The reschedule date for any event is the following day (same time/place/launch).
b. If both days are rescheduled, the following weekend will serve as make-up event.
c. If canceled or rescheduled, entrants have the option to be refunded or have fee applied
to next event.
d. No refunds for prepaid entrants will be given for non-attendance regardless of the reason.